Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

Im trying to replace an electrical outlet with a USB outlet…

Im trying to replace an...
Im trying to replace an electrical outlet with a USB outlet but I'm not sure if it can be done or how it should be done. Here are pictures.
11/25/2017
Sam I
Sam I, Electrician

Hello, I can help. I will review your pics and get right back to you.

Hello, I have attached a pic as an example of how to place the wires. Each screw on your receptacle has two places under the clamping plate to put wire. The red in the pic is where your black wires will go. Same way for the white on the other side. Connect bare copper to green screw,

Sam I
Sam I, Electrician
That’s what I thought but wasn’t sure. I replaced three outlets. Thanks for your help.
Glad to help!
Sam I
Sam I
Sam I, Electrician