Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

The SR330/SW350 and SW375 Receiver controls for my

Customer Question
The SR330/SW350 and SW375...

The SR330/SW350 and SW375 Receiver controls for my CF2454BS02 ceiling fan are no longer permitting me to control the fan---including not being able to turn the fan on. What can I do to rectify this situation.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Since the end of the 2017 heating season when I was using the reverse feature of fan for the winter.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I will use a serviceman if I can find one.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. Except that I have a second fan of the same model that uses the SR600 and SR650 controls. I am not pleased that there is no reversing feature with these controls.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Electrical
11/25/2017
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 7 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

Is there a light kit on the fan, or is it just a fan?

There is a light kit, but it is not an "add-on". It is an integral part of the lamp with no options for not having lamps.
This is not working out. Please terminate this transaction.

The reason I asked is to narrow down the failure possibilities. If the light works it leads me to the next thing I need to know.

1. Are there pullchain switches on the fan?
  2. If so have you tried setting the one for the fan?
  3. If pullchains, the receiver for the remote is in the canopy. Open the canopy and check the connections. The black wire is to the fan, the blue is to the light, the white is the common for both.