Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Can I use a 900w led lamp in my 110v normal outlet? Not

Can I use a...

Can I use a 900w led lamp in my 110v normal outlet?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Not started yet, want to make sure it's safe

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/25/2017
Sam I
Sam I, Electrician

Hello, yes you can. That calculates to be 7.5 amps which is fine for a normal household circuit unless there is already a lot running on it.

It's about the equivalent of a refrigerator

If that answers your question, please don't forget to rate me so I can get credit for answering with Just Answer.

Sam I
Sam I, Electrician
If i have my tv or computer plug in to other outlets in my appartment, does that count as part "other things plugged in" or each outlet can handle 15a on it's own?Thx

no, usually several outlets are on one circuit breaker, and those are usually in one area. For example you would have 4 or 5 outlets in a bedroom all on one 15 or 20 amp circuit breaker.

You can look at the electrical ratings of all you have plugged in on one circuit and add up the watts and/or amps of each. If you don;t know what's all on one circuit breaker you can turn it off and test with a lamp or something each receptacle to see if it has power