Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I have a wired wall switch Hampton Bay U9050T and the power…

Customer Question
I have a wired...

I have a wired wall switch Hampton Bay U9050T and the power light comes on but no response from the fan or light.... It was working and then just stopped? Should I but a wall receiver??..

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just happened a couple of days ago

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No wireless remote...hardworking with three fan speeds and a light button

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes. .doing it my self

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Electrical
Current switch has three wires: fan motor, ground and power.... The new switch has ground, fan motor, power and lights... Not sure what to do with the one for the lights
11/23/2017
Electrician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 6 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi ...........I don't understand what you are saying............what is the power light that is working but the light isn't?...............is this a Hampton switch remote or a regular 2 wall switch?............when you say 3 wires are they a black.......white and unsheathed copper ground?..............no red wire in other words

Mike, Master Electrician