Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I am having issues with a circuit in my home... I have an…

Customer Question
I am having issues...

I am having issues with a circuit in my home... I have an old electrical panel with push button and one of the circuit has a loss of voltage when you plug in any electrical device...I have replaced all outlets and insured they are good...the voltage drops to like 67v anytime you plug anything in.....

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

When I plug in my computer, any electrial device

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is not to difficult...

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Electrical
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/22/2017
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 9 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

Having a 2 wire voltage tester make the following tests and let me know the readings.

1. Hot to neutral
  2. Hot to ground
  3. Neutral to ground