Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

My home build in 1909 up graded in 1998.well i have this…

Customer Question
my home build in 1909...
my home build in 1909 up graded in 1998.well i have this humming from an old doorbell i pulled off the outside button and thats all i did no tape sealing now after 6 years its humming.what to do?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Electrical
i was told wait time would be 8min.im going on 20min.wont get any sleep with humming all knight.will i need to wait an additional 8 min for asking this/
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/22/2017
Electrician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 7 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

hi...........you have a short which has to be traced or you can start by changing the transformer which may have gone south..........it is a small square maybe 2 x 2 x 1 device that is usually put in a utility room or by the panel box or anywhere that it is accessible........it will look like this ............

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Wired-Door-Bell-Transformer-216597/206049640

please let me know

eddie

I hope you have found my answers insightful, with content to your satisfaction and would consider a 5 star rating…….My goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible.… by your rating it would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming unless I am rated…..positive feedback and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated......and I thank you

eddie

I hope this held substantial meaning for you ....got you out of your difficulty and would consider a 5 STAR rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you! If you do need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thanks

eddie