Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

The light blinks quickly. Is that a problem with the remote

receiver? JA: I'll do all I...
the light blinks quickly. Is that a problem with the remote receiver?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: My tenant just told me 1 month for him
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the remote runs the fan.
11/21/2017
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) If the fan is a newer model, the fan will contain a wattage limiter. If it contains a limiter, you may be using the incorrect light bulbs or the light bulb wattage may be too high. Look at the light kit label and it will state the maximum light bulb wattage and will also probably show the type of bulbs that are required.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I am using a 9 watt led bulb

1) Is that the same light bulb that you have been using and did it work correctly? Or are you using a different bulb than what the manufacturer recommends?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
the light says 660w 250v. but the led bulb is oblivious less that required.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I have to use only a ZE-310D bulb?

1) 660 watts is way too high for any lighting fixture. Lighting fixtures in the United States only use 120 volts and not 250 volts. Something is not correct with the light label.

2) Did the light ever work correctly and what type of bulb were you using? I recommend to install the same bulb type when the light was previously working correctly.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
it used a regular 40 watt bulb before. I tried one and it did the same.

Thanks for the replies.

1) Does the fan contain pull chains?

OK, it is possible that the receiver has failed. Since the fan has pull chains, you can temporarily by-pass the receiver and hard wire the house ceiling wires directly to the fan and then use the pull chains to see if the light kit works correctly.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
ok I will do that thanks
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I can use the chain even without bypassing the receiver. the fan has always worked
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I see. I will do that thanks

No problem, glad to assist.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor