Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I'm trying to install a B2-Switch to replace a conventional…

Customer Question
I'm trying to install...

I'm trying to install a B2-Switch to replace a conventional switch. This is to allow for surface wiring to what will be a new light. I'm having trouble with the wiring getting in the way and the switch will not seat correctly in the mount. What am I doing wrong.

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?

Old switch must be 10 years old or so. Haven't consulted electrician, seemed like a straight forward job.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The reason I'm doing this is that the lights in my 2 story pole barn are out. (no second floor, it's just that the old lights are 16 feet above the floor. I'm not going to buy a new ladder just to fix those old lights. I just want to re-route the wiring on the surface to a more accessible new fixture

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Electrical
11/19/2017
Electrician: Sam I, Electrician replied 8 months ago
Sam I
Sam I, Electrician

Hello, I'm not familiar with "B2" is there a brand or different model number? Or if you can take a picture of your set up an upload it here that would help.