Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

We changed the light bulbs in harbor breeze fan and the

Customer Question
We changed the light...

We changed the light bulbs in harbor breeze fan and the remote controls fan but no longer controls light even after i try to reset

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Since i changed light bulbs yesterday

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Electrical
11/18/2017
Electrician: Sam I, Electrician replied 6 months ago
Sam I
Sam I, Electrician

Hello, It sounds like your remote receiver inside the fan may be bad. It is usually inside the ceiling fan canopy that slides down to access the ceiling wiring. you can open that up, bypass the receiver and see if the lights work like that in order to verify if the receiver is bad.

Sam I
Sam I
Sam I, Electrician