Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

I keep reading it's bad to replace a two prong outlet with

Customer Question
I keep reading it's bad...
I keep reading it's bad to replace a two prong outlet with the three prong outlet but is it really that big of a deal?
Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Electrical
11/16/2017
Electrician: George Smith, Master Electrician replied 25 days ago
George Smith
George Smith, Master Electrician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your electrical issue. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Let me review your question!

Yes !

Even if an outlet box isn't grounded, installing a GFCI in it will still protect you (and your tools and appliances) from ground faults. But an ungrounded GFCI can't safeguard sensitive electronics, such as a computer or phone, from the interference caused by stray currents. The National Electrical Code requires you to stick a label on the receptacle that reads, "No equipment ground." These labels come in the box with a new GFCI.

Hope i was of help today ?

Please give a positive rating before you sign off !

Thanks!

George

George Smith
George Smith
George Smith, Master Electrician