Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I'm trying to change out fan switch have -black-blue-yellow…

Customer Question
I'm trying to change...

I'm trying to change out fan switch have white-black-blue-yellow wires need to know what #s on switch each wire goes to

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Two days

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Changed out switch one wire at a time pluged light housing back in light worked two wires came out of switch got them back in doesn't work got new switch doesn't tell me

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Electrical
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/17/2017
Electrician: Sam I, Electrician replied 5 months ago
Sam I
Sam I, Electrician

Hello, is this a multi speed fan switch that is in a wall box or is this a pull chain switch in a ceiling fan?

Pull chain switch

Does this switch have wires from the factory or do the wires from the fan push into the new switch into slots?

Wires push in to switch

ok and tell me about your lights. Are there 3, 4 or more sockets that alternate when they come on based on how many times you pull the chain?

Mike, Master Electrician