Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I have a and 1/2 hp that I want to use on a boat lift. 120…

Customer Question
I have a smith...

I have a smith and jones 1/2 hp that I want to use on a boat lift. 120 v. I need to be able to reverse the direction using the existing switch. Is the a simple explanation as to how this should be wired?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just got it and have had two "experts" shake their heads

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Electrical
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/15/2017
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 5 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

Please give me the model number or a picture of the wiring diagram on the motor.

Mike, Master Electrician