Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

With an X-10 WS469 wall controller, may we use Halogen

Customer Question
With an X-10...

With an X-10 WS469 wall controller, may we use Halogen bulbs?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

X-10, WS469 This is the only designation I have.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

There is nothing going on. I was using outdoor incandescent bulbs, which are burned out, but the only equivalent I can find is Halogen with the same wattage.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thanks.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Electrical
11/15/2017
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 9 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

There isn't a problem with using halogen lamps with the X10's.