Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I am fitting some new lights in the living room, but am

Customer Question
confused to how to wire...
I am fitting some new lights in the living room, but am confused to how to wire them with what I have been given. Unlike normal where there is an earth, live and neutral cable that simply plugs into the light terminal - there is two earths, two lives and two neutral cables.
As there are 3 wall lights in total, I assume this has to do with some kind of ring main or linking of the power - although the original lights were removed long ago as we have only just moved in.
Please can you advise how I should wire these into my lights, each light simply has a small junction box where you can wire the live, earth and neutral in.
As there are two of each coming out of the wall, would I put both together in each terminal or do I need some additional junction boxes etc? Please help urgently!
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Electrical
11/14/2017
Electrician: George Smith, Master Electrician replied 9 months ago
George Smith
George Smith, Master Electrician
Hi this is George let me help you! As long as you are sure which is the live and which is the neutral they can be connected in the same treminals

Hope I was of help today ?

Please give a positive rating before you sign off today?

Thanks !

George