Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I'm installing an extension to an existing track lighting. I…

Customer Question
I'm installing an extension...

I'm installing an extension to an existing track lighting. I added a new connector and a new 4" track extension, They're all from the same company. My tester shows current in the new track but when I install new track lights into the track, they don't light. I've tried moving a light that works in the existing track & it doesn't work in the new track. What's going on? Ray

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I just started with the project.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have been doing it myself.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

FYI-I added another 4" section to another part of the ceiling and it worked.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Electrical
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/14/2017
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 8 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

Take the addition track off and connect the other end to the connector