Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

How to install a switch on an A/C circuit to permit a wc fan…

Customer Question
How to install a...

How to install a switch on an A/C circuit to permit a wc fan to stay operating, say , 1 minute after the bathroom is vacated

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just started.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible. I can do basic DIY electrical

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?

10 years. Prefer to find out how this can be done. Then purchase the device. Then have then have it fitted.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

22o v system in Australia

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Electrical
11/13/2017
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 8 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

Very simple operation. Turn the circuit off at your panel. Remove the existing switch. It will have 2 wires connected. Replace with a countdown timer switch. The come in several types. Rotary be or digital. Available online.

Thank you. I will investigate the types of timers available

Very good, you're welcome