Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I have a dining room ceiling box that has a hot blue wire,

Customer Question
I have a dining...

I have a dining room ceiling box that has a hot blue wire, red wire which is hot when you turn on the dimmer and white/gray wire. Trying to figure what goes to what on the light fixture that simply has black and wire, plus ground wires.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Been not working for about a year now.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I had a wall removed and on that was the original switch. electrician moved all the switches to one location. I believe the dining room fixture is getting power from the kitchen fixture now.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Electrical
11/10/2017
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 8 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

Connect the fixture black wire to the red and white to white.