Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I’m trying to move a circuit breaker box in a place I’d like…

Customer Question
I’m trying to move...

I’m trying to move a circuit breaker box in a place I’d like to put a bathroom. Knowing it isn’t code to have one in a bathroom, is a junction box ok?

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?

1999.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Haven’t decided yet

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Needs to move about 5’ or I could place it on the outside (if that would be code)

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Electrical
11/10/2017
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 8 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

Panel in a bathroom is a code violation. No bathrooms or closets.

What about a junction box in the bathroom?

That's acceptable.

Thank you

You're welcome