Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I have 120/240 volt Trumbull breaker boxes with 3 & 3 pole…

Customer Question
I have 120/240...

I have 120/240 volt Trumbull breaker boxes with 3 & 3 pole breakers installed in 1949. The panels are held in with 2 coil springs held down with washer & nut. But, all the circuit breaker panel companies have zero information on their dimensions. Thus, so far I can not upgrade panel. Any ideas on getting dimensions for replacement panels?

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?

Like I said, 1949. Electricians won't come. And I asked a lot of them.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

All I need is replacement panel dimensions so I can decide what fits best.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Electrical
11/10/2017
Electrician: Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor replied 8 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) I looked at many panelboard manufacturer models sold at Home Depot and they contain the height, width and depth dimensions. See link shown below:

https://www.homedepot.com/b/Electrical-Power-Distribution-Breaker-Boxes-Main-Breaker-Load-Centers/N-5yc1vZbm30

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks.................Kevin:)