Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Need to wire a 240 volt single phase 3 wire motor. Just

Customer Question
Need to wire a...

Need to wire a 240 volt single phase 3 wire motor

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just received the motor

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The motor has 2 connections for the hot wire and also has a common

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Electrical
11/1/2017
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 9 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

The motor should have a wiring diagram on it. Is there one?

no

What color are the wires?

Give me the make and model number for the motor.

Merkle-Korff Industries
Model 4420UP2 hot wires hook to the motor and common wire is marked and is black

Wiring diagram is not available online. The mfg site indicated the wiring diagram is on the inside of the wiring compartment cover.