Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Had broken wire from outside breaker. changed wire to

Had broken wire from...

Had broken wire from outside breaker. changed wire to copper. 60 amp breaker trips when power is turned back on. disconnect wire on 60 amp wire and still have voltage in disconnected wire

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

One week

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Have 120 volts to other side of breaker ,so we still have lights

10/30/2017
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

If there are 2 pole breakers and a wire is disconnected it will indicate voltage due to the other pole being connected and the voltage is through the load and seen on the wire.

Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
this 60 amp breaker is outside on pole by meter can. goes to 100 amp breaker in main panel box
Phone call session started