Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Trying to exchange lighting fixtures in Motor home. Just…

Customer Question
Trying to exchange lighting...

Trying to exchange lighting fixtures in Motor home

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just bought a new fixture yesterday

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

There are a row of three lights each have a switch on the light fixture so individual light can be turned off. all are hooked to a wall switch as well. new light works when you put in an outlet but when wired in line with other ceiling lights dose not light up

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Electrical
10/26/2017
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 6 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

Ok

Did you check the voltage of the old fixture low voltage the replacement would need to be. If that isn't an issue check your connections.

Ok when I take wire end of ne fixture and put in wall socket ti lights up. When atached to celling wires dose not work
See nothing on either light that indicates volts
Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician