Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I am in the process of converting two t8 4ft lights to led.

Both of these lights are...
I am in the process of converting two t8 4ft lights to led. Both of these lights are in the garage, and they are controlled by two on and off switches. One switch is in the house, the other is in the garage. I have one light working , the other did not come on. I probably mis wired it. Each light has two bulbs. I removed the shunts, from all sockets. I need some help wireing up this second light. Thankyou.
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/25/2017
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

Conversions to LED require the removal of the ballast and the direct wiring of the hot and neutral to each end of the LED

I have removed the ballast, and hooked the hot and neutral up. turned light on, nothing
can you send me a diagram to my email ***@******.***

Do you have the black on one end and the white on the other end. The same connections for both lamps.

Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
I do,

Check your connections. The socket wires should be stripped longer than the solid wire and lead into the wirenut for a good connection

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician