Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

Can audio wiring from a class 2 source under 150 volts be…

Can audio wiring from...

Can audio wiring from a class 2 source under 150 volts be installed without conduit? Also article please.

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?

New installations for audio amplifier to speakers using a 70 volt transformer. would article 725.179 G cover this? I have my 2017 NEC code book and LEB license.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not at this time

10/16/2017
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question

1) If the cables are plenum rated, that would be code compliant to Article 725.179(G).

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Any other questions?

back to the original question, can speakers wires from a class 2 audio amplifier with a output of 70 volts be run without conduit?

Yes

Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor