Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Trying to wire a levity 1201-PLR up. Have three wire cable…

Trying to wire a...

Trying to wire a levity 1201-PLR up. Have three wire cable in box, White, black, neutral. Thought I had it right but light doesn't illuminate

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Trying to wire a levittown 1201-PLR. Have three wire cable in box. White, black, Neutral. Thought I had it but light doesn't illuminate--20 mins or so

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just do't now where I screwed up. The with does turn on and off lights attached to them but the red light doesn't work?

Switch turns on out side light that it controls goes on but the the switch doesn’t illuminate
10/10/2017
Sam I
Sam I, Electrician
Hello, what do you mean by saying you have white, black and neutral? What color is neutral?
No color bare
Ok that's your grounding wire not the neutral. To light up the pilot light your switch needs an actual neutral connection. In your case the switch doesn't have one so it will function but the pilot light won't. Are there any other wires in the box?
No
Ok. You would need to pull a new 12/3 cable from your light fixture so it will illuminate
If that answers your question please don't forget to rate me before logginh out so I can receive credit for the answer. Good luck!
Sam I
Sam I, Electrician