Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I just installed the lLegend 8000 and it keeps tripping my…

Customer Question
I just installed the...

I just installed the lLegend 8000 and it keeps tripping my GFI.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I plugged the unit into a non GFI outlet with no problem. Do people normally require a larger GFI than what worked for my 3/4 horse garbage disposal?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

What thermostat? I did not know there were filters on this unit. I simply removed the plug for dishawashef

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I already install it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The unit appears t function OK using a non GFI outlet

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Electrical
10/5/2017
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 10 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

I suggest checking the outlet under the sink, being on a GFCI shouldn't matter.