Electrical

Connect one-on-one with a verified electrician who will answer your question

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

More related answers
All electricians are VERIFIED
I have a 3 speed ceiling fan with a remote. When I use the
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Hi. I have a 3 speed ceiling fan with a remote. When I use the use the remote, the lights do not have urn on. However the speed control works. The pull chain for the fan speed works, however the three… read more
My ceiling fan has stopped working, the light works just
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
my ceiling fan has stopped working, the light works just fine, we had not used the pull chain to changes speeds in months, we flipped the wall switch to turn on the fan and nothing, I used the pull ch… read more
Have a Hampton three speed ceiling fan (Models 268-431 and/or
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Have a Hampton three speed ceiling fan (Models 268-431 and/or(###) ###-#### ***** only on high speed and off. No fan operation on either low or medium fan speed. I have exposed the electrical switches… read more
I have a hunter fan in the bedroom, five fan blades and
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
I have a hunter fan in the bedroom, five fan blades and three lights. It is hard wired from the wall switch. The lights work but the fan stopped working. The problem is apparently with a switch in the… read more
I have a Hampton Bay 52" ceiling fan / light. (NOT remote control).
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
I have a Hampton Bay 52" ceiling fan / light. (NOT remote control). The forward reverse switch is bad. Can I just take it out and run the fan in a forward mode?… read more
Recently my ceiling fan only runs on high. If I try medium
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Recently my ceiling fan only runs on high. If I try medium or low it shuts off. Is there any way to fix it to run on all three speeds.… read more
Hunter ceiling fan with light kit. light comes on with the
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Hunter ceiling fan with light kit. light comes on with the pull chain but the fan motor will not turn on with the pull chain. Neither the light nor the motor will come on using the remote.… read more
Hello. I just installed a Kichler ceiling fan, model InnesII
AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
Hello. I just installed a Kichler ceiling fan, model InnesII 300130. It has a full function remote: three speeds, off, reverse and light function. Here's the problem, the fan will turn off with the re… read more
My Encon Ceiling Fan, Model #MFG020-T8395 must have faulty
AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
My Encon Ceiling Fan, Model #MFG020-T8395 must have faulty wiring. The fan runs slowly and with engine noise when the lights are turned off. If I turn the lights on, the fan speed picks up. I assume t… read more
An almost new Hampton Bay ceiling fan hums at every speed -
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
An almost new Hampton Bay ceiling fan hums at every speed - very annoying. It's done so since it was installed. The hum decreases as one lowers the speed. Installed by an electrician. Blades are tight… read more
trying to convert pull chain ceiling fan with light kit and
Machinc
Machinc, Retired
trying to convert pull chain ceiling fan with light kit and reverse switch to remote control using casablanca 99019 remote. i have power in, light out and common, but uncertain how to connect neural, … read more
Just installed our new Hampton Bay Altura 56 ceiling fan that
Alex
Alex, Owner
Just installed our new Hampton Bay Altura 56" ceiling fan that we purchased @ Home Depot online. Everything works fine except NO REVERSE function. Please help!!!… read more
We just recently moved into an 8 year old home, bought from
Expert, electrician
We just recently moved into an 8 year old home, bought from an elderly couple. The home had Hampton Bay ceiling fans, with lights, in both the master bedroom and the office. We were given one remote c… read more
I connected 3 100w CFL light bubs to my ceiling fan, I guess
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
I connected 3 100w CFL light bubs to my ceiling fan, I guess this was too much power for the fan, and also these CFL light bubs are not made for dimming, in about a couple of days my fan and the light… read more
All was working fine and the fan stopped. The light kit on
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
All was working fine and the fan stopped. The light kit on the fan is getting power and the lights work properly. I have a Hampton Bay 191-707 remote. I checked the transmitter and receiver and the co… read more
I purchased a Hampton Bay ceiling fan/light about 6 or 7 years
Mike, Master Electrician
I purchased a Hampton Bay ceiling fan/light about 6 or 7 years ago. It was the San Juan model number 360 396 which came with a remote control. Recently it stopped working so I had an electrician take … read more
Can you advize me on where on line I can find wiring diagrams
Paul
Paul, Owner
Can you advize me on where on line I can find wiring diagrams for 3 speed reversible ceiling fan (residential 110vac) ? The remote control module fizzled and it is now wanted to convert the fan to man… read more
I bought a Hampton Bay Gazebo II Plus ceiling fan and a Hampton
Joseph
Joseph, electrician
I bought a Hampton Bay Gazebo II Plus ceiling fan and a Hampton Bay Thermostatic Ceiling Fan and Light Remote Control accessory. I wanted to install the Remote so I wouldn't have to pull chains to run… read more