Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Hav a breaker box with every other breaker not workinge.

Customer Question
Hav a breaker box...

Hav a breaker box with every other breaker not workinge

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

2days other wise it worked

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

The guy helping thought it was my breaker swith wicth I changed

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

This happen after aelecial outage

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Electrical
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/2/2017
Electrician: Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor replied 7 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Do you have a multimeter to confirm voltages at the main breaker?

1) Is the panel the main breaker disconnect panelboard or is the problem on a sub-panel?

1) If the panelboard is the main panel and you don't have a multimeter to confirm voltages at the main breaker, I recommend to contact the local electrical utility and have them dispatch a lineman. It is possible that the utility has lost one of it's hot phases or a loose termination.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Any other questions?

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor