Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I have a 100 amp service to my garage. The meter is mounted…

Customer Question
I have a 100...

I have a 100 amp service to my garage. The meter is mounted on the other side of the wall and has 2 hot wires and 1 common coming in and connecting to my 100 amp breaker. 1 of those wires has 22 volts reading and the 2nd has 222 volts. so 1/2 my panel does not carry service along with my 240 heater. Is this an issue for the power company or can an electrician fix that from the meter?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

A few months. I thought i blew a breaker to 1/2 my garage and just ididn't deal with it right away.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have been.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Like?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Electrical
10/1/2017
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 10 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

Call the utility first. They will check at no cost and advise if it is in your wiring.

Thanks.

Anytime.e, you're welcome.