Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I am opening a new restaurant. I need help with electrical…

Customer Question
Hi, i am opening...

Hi, i am opening a new restaurant. I need help with electrical drawings please

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?

I have type 2 vent hood , but replacing with type 1 hood.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have existing exhaust fan, adding ansul and make up air i have electrician

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

But need drawings please

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Electrical
10/1/2017
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 8 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

Ok

The fire suppression system requires all electrical and make up air shut down when activated. The exhaust fan needs to turn on or stay on when activated. My suggestion is to install a separate panel with a shunt trip main breaker for the loads. If only a few loads a definite purpose contactor may be used.

I am not an electrician, I just need simple drawing so I can get permits, and my electrician can start the work
showing the the exhaust fan as existing and new connection to make up air fan, ansul, and to the lights in venthood.

Not knowing exactly what you have electrical under the hood, what you have for a panel and voltage of the exhaust fan, I can't make a drawing. Your electrician should be able to read my suggestions and install what is required. If not, get another electrician.

I have 3' flat grill , 3bay fryer, and 2 vertical broilers all natural gas.
panel is 3 phase both exhaust and make up is 220volts. My electrician is good at work but not at drawings. I lost lot of time please help.
the plan reviewer said he just need simple drawing showing the connections.
Electrician: Leamon Rollo, Electrician replied 8 months ago
Leamon Rollo
Leamon Rollo, Electrician

Just a FYI and maybe a suggestion. The person who furnished the hood should give you drawings. I know when the ansul system is activated every item under that hood is supposed to be powered down. So the electrical items all need to be in a breaker box alone with nothing else in it but the under hood stuff. There is a special breaker you can install as a main for that panel that will trip with the ansul system and will de-energize all the electrical equipment and close the solenoids on any gas lines that go to equipment under the hood. Like I stated though, your hood provider should have furnished you with drawings for all this. Sorry I cant be of more help. Thanks for contacting us.

Leamon Rollo
Leamon Rollo
Leamon Rollo, Electrician