Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I am trying to wire a calling pendant on a old house but I…

Customer Question
I am trying to wire...
I am trying to wire a calling pendant on a old house but I seem to have more wires than standard
3 x green yellow
2x blue
2x black
3 x red
1x black with a red sleeve
I have bought a pendant
1x brown on one end of board
1x blue on the other
I am in England
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Electrical
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/1/2017
Electrician: Sam I, Electrician replied 7 months ago
Sam I
Sam I, Electrician

Hello, I am unable to call however I can help you. Is the 1 black with red sleeve by itself or connected with others?

Please see attached picture

I got it. DO you remember how any of these were connected previously?

unfortunately I can't make a call

is this a two way switching circuit?

This is how I think it wasThe reds plus the red and black go into the front where the screws go down to hold themThe brown side of the wire intakers had an brown in it alsoThe brown side to the blue side of the wire intakers was next miss space blue and red , blue , red , red , blue but I am not sure where the red with black armour wentThis is the sequence from brown to left wire , with the little screws where you input the wires and screw down in between

is this a two way switching circuit?

I have no idea there are three different sets of wires coming out of the ceiling and from these I need to connect the pendant. The layout was as I told you previously, sorry I'm not an electrician and thought it would be a two second job, how I was wrong ��

two way just means that there are two or more switches that turn off the same light. Do you have 2 switches?

No just one string pull that turns it on, I have not touched this

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to help you from here. You would need a test meter to see which is your live line

Sam I
Sam I
Sam I, Electrician