Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I have a Leviton T5225 combination switch/outlet and I want…

I have a Leviton T5225...
I have a Leviton T5225 combination switch/outlet and I want to wire it so the switch controls the outlet. There is a break-off tab connecting the two black screws. There is another dual outlet in the box. The line hot (black) wire is connected to one black screw and there is a wire from the other black screw to one of the dual outlet brass screws. Line neutral wire is connected to one of the dual outlet white screws and a white wire goes from the other white screw on the dual outlet to the white screw on the T5225. The switch doesn't control the outlet on the 5225. That outlet is energized. What do I need to change?
9/30/2017
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

Ok

The connections are as follows.

1. Hot wire to gold screw.
  2. White wire to silver screw.
  3. Wire to light on black screw, don't break the connection between black screws.

This will switch both light and receptacle together.

Ok I will try that

Very good.

Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Ok. That worked. Thank you.

Anytime you're welcome. Talk us up with everybody.