Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I have 3 wires going into a single switch box. 1/ 3- way…

Customer Question
I have 3 wires going...
I have 3 wires going into a single switch box. 1/ 3- way switch, 1 single pole, and a 15-2 wire going to a “dead end” outlet. Have a the 3-way wire hooked up but can’t seem to get the single pole right
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Electrical
9/28/2017
Electrician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 7 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi.................you need to locate the switch wire from that particular single pole that comes from the light.......the outlet is working?

No. The outlet is not working. Seems I’m getting power to the outlet but it doesn’t work.

we probably would be better doing this by phone......Just Answer requires an additional charge .......would you be okay with that?

it said payment failed it didn't go through.......can you try it again?

My card company the this was fraud and just called me. Please try to run again.

no good again

Ok. Let’s just continue via text then.

which out of those cables is your feed wires?................the 3 way is working the right way?.........you don't need to put one switch on so the other will operate?........they work independently of each other ?....................if so that has to go back the exact same way.......so mark them if you have to ......there is a black lug screw on that 3 way so be sure to take note

They work independently of each other. 3-way works correctly. By feed wire I’m guessing you mean “load”? If so, I converted a white wire as a “hot” wire as a hot wire to the light that the 3-way switch is connected to.
Oh! And if I put everything back the way I found it I have a ground wire, two white wires and two black wires left

your feed wire going into that double gang box...........you'll have a black a neutral (white) and a ground.....which are they?......is what you are telling me the power feed goes inot the ceiling box of the 3 way and you tried bringing back a constant hot?

you have to identify those feed wires for me and where is the cable for the single pole light?

Just to be clear. Where you able to see the photo I sent?

yes but it is very hard to distinguish what everything is .....so after you know what I am asking of you we can mark the 3 way take the rest apart apart and go from there

I hope you have found my answers insightful and with content to your satisfaction……. please click ACCEPT… this would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming to me until I am rated for my assistance…..positive feedback…..5 star replies and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated

And Thank You

eddie

Eddie
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor