Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I have a new construction home. When I turn on light

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new construction home. When I turn on light switches, my TV cable goes out and then comes on. The electrician was just here, saying that the issue is the LED tv and it needs to be on its own circuit. Does this sound correct?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Since we purchased the house in March 2017 Never an issue with the same TV

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No. The house is still under warranty

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just that I am being told the issue is "not normal" but feel this electrician is minimizing the issue or doesn't know what he's talking abaout.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Electrical
9/22/2017
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 11 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

Thank you

The problem as described is more than likely a make and break connection. I suggest inspection of the connections on devices to make sure that all individual wires are terminated under screws and that the connections are tight. Any devices having wires connected in the push back holes will also cause a make and break.

Any abnormality in the electrical system is a potential for a shock or a fire and should be corrected as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Anytime, you're welcome.