Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I have ancient pool equipment with an intermatic mechanical…

Customer Question
I have ancient pool...

I have ancient pool equipment with an intermatic mechanical timer. The lpool/spa lights are wired to the load terminals on a gfci receptacle; that is the only GFCI protection I see. The heater and single speed pump are 220V and jointly turn on. I want to modernize the setup. Should I GFCI everything? (The pool was constructed in 1980s)

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

The mechanical timer broke 1 week ago; I'm upgrading everything to digital/Z-wave

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I'm comfortable with all of this

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Electrical
9/22/2017
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 11 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

Yes, all the pool related equipment should be GFVI protected