Sam I
Sam I, Electrician
Experience:  Maintenance Electrician, Electrical Contractor, Locomotive Electrician
16916066

Honda EU7000is has 30 amp line with circuit breaker with

Honda EU7000is has 30 amp line with circuit breaker with each line up to 22.6 amps. Questions is 32 amp draw too large and will trip circuit breaker and can circuit breaker be upgraded to 40 amp to allow for 32 amp appliance. Generator has less than 100 hours and appliance is brand new

Hello, yes a 32 amp draw is too much and will trip that circuit breaker.

If the circuit is wired with #10 AWG, which it likely is, you cannot increase the breaker size to 40 amps and still be safe from fire. That woudl also be an electrical code violation