Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

In my I have one incandescent spotlight and then a string of…

Customer Question
In my hall I...

In my hall I have one incandescent spotlight and then a string of 3 LEDs. When I turn them on the LEDs sometimes delay over 5 mins before lighting. Any ideas?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It started 2 days ago. I tried again just now and they all lit immediately. Frustrating

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I might if not too difficult

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Unrelated but I have fitted 5 LEDs in the kitchen about a year ago. Two have flickered and been changed. Now a third flickers and I was wondering if they are getting too hot

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Electrical
9/21/2017
Electrician: David Bowden, Electrician replied 8 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Electrician

T​he LED fixtures have mini circuit boards built into them and never get too hot from the bulbs. If you are having issues with them flickering or not coming on quick enough, most likely the problem is internal on the circuit boards and not worth repairing.

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. From the information you’ve provided, I will try to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question. All my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from what you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches.

I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way to communicate, since either of us may have additional information or questions, that may be necessary in resolving the problem your experiencing, and uploading clear photos will greatly help us both.

After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice and recommendations. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of this request.

Please note that I may not be able to resolve this problem, especially if it becomes necessary for a qualified service provider to be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, or troubleshooting.

Is there any additional information you would like to add that was not mentioned before?

David Bowden
David Bowden
David Bowden, Electrician