Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
29848548

I am installing a 30 amp circuit in my garage for my RV.

I am installing a 30 amp circuit in my garage for my RV. I'll be using 10/2 wire with a 30 amp single pole breaker. I would like to GFI protect that circuit as the outlet will be exterior. I am also installing circuits to power two space heaters. I will not be using the heaters in the summer when the RV is plugged in (RV is in storage during winter).Here's my question. Can I install two 15 amp GFCI plugs for the space heaters using the 30 amp circuit? Would this provide the 15 amp protection to each of the space heaters while allowing them both to operate on the same circuit? And would this provide GFCI protection to the 30 amp plug if they were connected in series?

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

You can but each will require 15A over current protection.