Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

I have a Leviton 001-evb32-8ml that I needed to pull down

Hi JA: Hi. How can I...
Hi
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have a Leviton 001-evb32-8ml that I needed to pull down from the wall while they put up drywall. I remounted it to the wall and plugged it back in but it won't charge the car like it did before. The green light is on but what the connect is plugged into the car the yellow/***** *****ght does not turn on indication it is charging
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: One day
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Well the unit has been operational for 4~5 years. I just rehung it on the wall
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: don't know how to do that or that it had those. No fans and it has not been running so it is room temp right now
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I double check the car to assure it was not on some delayed charging. It is set to charge immediately as soonas the charger is plugged in.
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/20/2017
Sam I
Sam I, Electrician

Hello, does the red light turn on or flash when you plug it in?

All lights come on like it is doing a start up test then only the top green one(Power) stays lit but blinking for a few seconds and then goes to solid green.

Ok, Here is a checklist for that situation

1. check that Charge Connector is fully engaged. The Release Button should be fully released.

2. check that vehicle is not fully charged.

3. Self diagnostic test failed. Unplug Charge Connector and reconnect.

I have done all that several time before. Nothing changes when I reconnect the Charge Plug to the car however nor do I hear anything which I seem to recall hearing before. Even when the car was set to only allow charging late at night I would at least get the Yellow/***** *****ght briefly after I plugged it into the car. Now nothing changes and only the Green Power light stays lit and is solid not blinking.

Have you also tried unplugging it from power and reconnecting it? If so and still nothing then the only thing left is to call Leviton directly. Is the unit less than 3 years old? If so it may be under warranty? The number to call is Leviton Customer Support Hotline at 1-***-***-****. PLEASE HAVE THE MODEL NUMBER AND SERIAL NUMBER AVAILABLE WHEN YOU CALL.

If your call is made after business hours or on weekends, please leave your name, telephone number, the Charging Station's serial number, and a brief description of the problem. A Customer Service Representative will call back at the earliest opportunity

unplugged it. Also tried switching off the breaker then plugging it in and then resetting the breaker not that that should make any difference.

Ok, unfortunately that's all I can do for you here. You will need to contact Leviton with the info I provided

Good luck, and please don't forget t rate me before logging off

OK. Thanks. I'll take the car to a public charging station first to confirm it is not something in the car.

Good luck, and please don't forget to rate me before logging off.

Sam I
Sam I, Electrician
Sam I
Sam I
Sam I, Electrician