Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

The motor runs but there is no electrical power, About a…

Customer Question
The motor runs but...

The motor runs but there is no electrical power

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About a week

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is possible?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Sometimes the power comes back or for a while and then stops. its almost like there was a loose connection. i checked all the connections and power cord.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Electrical
9/19/2017
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 10 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

Did you check the receptacle connections and the breaker? Do you have a 2 wire voltage tester?

One other thing i forgot to mention. After this started my son dropped the generator on its face and the fuse holder / device got broken so i would need another 25 amp fuse box.

You need to make repairs and test for location of the problem. Let me know if and when you choose to continue.

I will have to get back to you as I had company that i had to met

No problem.

Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 9 months ago

Did you make the repair to the generator?

Mike if you can call me it would probably be better. !-***-***-****

Sorry but our phone system is not working at this time. I'll call when it comes back.