Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Installed new gfi. indicator light on. gfi won't reset. gfi…

Customer Question
Installed new gfi. green...

Installed new gfi. green indicator light on. gfi won't reset. gfi plugs don't work. rest of plugs don't work.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Power out for 3 days on one wall in kitchen, the affected area, until I could purchase new gfi. changed gfi this morning

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. changed gfi properly this morning myself.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Followed procedure on leviton gfi.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Electrical
9/18/2017
Electrician: Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor replied 11 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC General Class License

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Are you sure that you didn't reverse the LINE/LOAD terminations on the GFCI?

2) Do you have a 2 wire lead AC voltage tester or a multimeter to confirm the LINE side voltage?

3) If the GFCI contains LOAD side connections, temporarily remove them and only leave the LINE side wires connected. Does the GFCI reset and trip correctly without a LOAD side termination?

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks.................Kevin:)