Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Trying to swap out a leviton dimmable switch 10 yr old

Customer Question
Trying to swap out...

Trying to swap out a leviton dimmable switch 10 yr old doesn't work with led/dimmable bulbs. the lights are controlled by 3 separate leviton dimmable switches (3 locations around kitchen). Bought lutron dimmable led compatible switches but wires dont match. original has a purple to switch from wall. three whites on same plastic screw and three black on same plastic screw and lutron has red green black.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Today

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Y

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

N

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Electrical
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/18/2017
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 9 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

If I understand correctly, you have 3 switch outlets with dimmers on each controlling the same light or lights. Please confirm.