Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

My chandelier that I am trying to attach has 2 clear wrapped…

Customer Question
My chandelier that I...

My chandelier that I am trying to attach has 2 clear wrapped silver wires and one bare... the bare I attached to ground and I have tried both wires to live vs. neutral with no luck. I verified I have voltage on the live fixture wire with a voltmeter... but I get no readings when attaching the light either way

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just this morning

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Electrical
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/17/2017
Electrician: George Smith, Master Electrician replied 11 months ago
George Smith
George Smith, Master Electrician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your electrical issue. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Let me review your question!

Are are you testing the hot feed ? Hot to ground and hot to neutral ?

And what do you read ?

It pegged the meter, I just wanted to make sure I had power, the other lights on that breaker are working as well

What do you mean it pegs the meter?

Do you have a multi-meter?