Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I have a feeder with a black, red, and ground terminating in…

Customer Question
I have a feeder...

I have a feeder with a black, red, white and ground terminating in the junction box. I want to wire in 2 transformers that have a black and white wire for power and 2 low voltage wire to connect to a light fixture. How do I wire it?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

5 minutes. The light fixture has 3 12 volt lamps with one wire to each lamp. One of the 3 wires completes the circuit.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I have 2 lighttech let 60 lw class 2 transformers.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The old transformer was Italian if that matters

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Electrical
9/17/2017
Electrician: Sam I, Electrician replied 8 months ago
Sam I
Sam I, Electrician

HI, I can help you.

Wire all whites together and then a black from transformer #1 to black from junction box. Black from transformer #2 to red from junction box

Mike, Master Electrician