Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Replacing a fan. Currently it operates on two switches - one…

Customer Question
Replacing a fan....

Replacing a fan. Currently it operates on two switches - one for the light and one for the fan. Using a Pawtucket and it tells me to connect the red and white wires of the fan to the black(power) and white in the ceiling. However I have another red wire in the ceiling from the to switch configuration.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

No just started the installation

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, just not sure if I tie the extra red to the power wires or the neutral wires

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Electrical
9/15/2017
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 11 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

Give me the exact count and color of the box wires