Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

What is 28MVA 33/13 kV LTC Transformer, Brand new, I just…

Customer Question
What is 28MVA...

What is 28MVA 33/13 kV LTC Transformer

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Brand new

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just want to know what the size of the 28MVA transformer is ?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Electrical
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/12/2017
Electrician: Terry Peterman, Electrician replied 11 months ago
Terry Peterman
Terry Peterman, Electrician

Hello, thanks for using Just Answer! This is Terry here. I'll try to answer your question for you.

Are you still here?

This is a large utility transformer for high voltage of 33000 to 13000 volts. The 28MVA is 28000000 volt-amps. This means that not considering any power factor, it will provide 848 amps at 33,000 volts, and 2154 amps at 13,000 volts. Let me know if this answers your question and if so, a 5-star rating would be appreciated.

If not, I will opt out and see if another expert can better answer your question.