Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I have a kohler home generator that turns on but does not…

Customer Question
Hello I have a...

Hello I have a kohler home generator that turns on but does not power the house .

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Since last might when power went out

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have called but no one is gotten back to me

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Tried the kohler switch but did not work

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Electrical
9/11/2017
Electrician: Sam I, Electrician replied 11 months ago
Sam I
Sam I, Electrician

Hello, from a Kohler home generator manual troubleshooting for no AC output:

Cause: AC circuit breaker in the OFF position. Remedy: Place the circuit breaker in the ON position.

Cause: AC circuit breaker tripping because of overload. Remedy: Reduce the load on the generator set.

Cause: AC circuit breaker tripping because of short circuit. Remedy: Contact an authorized Kohler distributor/dealer for service.

What model or what size (KW) is your generator?