Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience:  30 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License
71008832

We just tried to change all our bulbs to LEDs. Now one of

We just tried to change all our bulbs to LEDs. Now one of our circuit breakers is constantly tripping.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Changing to LED bulbs is not the cause of a breaker tripping. Most likely, there is a short in the circuit.

2) In order to troubleshoot the problem, you will need a continuity tester.....ie.....preferably a multimeter with a built-in audible continuity tester.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks. This house is just over one year old and there were no problems until today. Will look for a multimeter with built in audible continuity tester.

OK, once you get a continuity tester, reply back and we can continue.

Thanks...........Kevin:)

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Any other questions?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Kevin,
I was able to trouble shoot my problem. When the guy from CPS changed our bulbs, he tightened the fixture too much. That tore the protective wrap and caused the short. Little electrical tape and all is good. Thanks for your time.