ProGrade
ProGrade, Certified Electrical Contractor
Experience:  28+ years exp. - installation, troubleshooting, & repair of commercial, & residential electrical systems.
72658386

My oven temperature sensor no longer works and returned two

Customer Question

My oven temperature sensor no longer works and returned two alarm codes. The first error message indicated that the sensor was no longer working, two days later a second alarm indicated the oven was overheating. I switched off the breaker and removed the sensor. The problem is my stove is on the same breaker, I am afraid to switch it on while the sensor is not installed. Should I switch the breaker on?
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a GE model # J KP14WOP3WG it is about 20-25 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes the sensor is out and I am awaiting a replacement later this week.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to justanswer.com

It is OK to use the stove...ok to turn the breaker on as long as the wires for the sensor are safe...taped up individually so they cannot short to each other or to ground.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 month ago.

You are welcome, please rate my service if you do not have any additional questions.

A 5 star rating would be appreciated.

Thank you very much

Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 month ago.

Just checking in... did you complete the repairs on the stove?

Do you have any other questions that I can help with?

If not please write my service thank you