Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
29848548

I need a wiring diagram for a Leviton PR 150 photoelectric

Customer Question

I need a wiring diagram for a Leviton PR 150 photoelectric switch having a GR wire coming out of the top right and 2 BLK wires, one coming out of either side of the bottom as one views the switch from the back side.
JA: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?
Customer: House built in '72 with BLK WHT and paper insulated copper ground wires
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: YES
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Apparently the Leviton PR 150 has been replaced by the PR 180, but the PR 150 I have is new, never having been used, but by I can not fine a wiring diagram on line.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

The switch is wired as follows

1. Hot wire connects to left black
  2. Load wire connects to right. Info on switch indicates that lead should be red in color
  3. Ground connects to green lead